Once again, this list is in no particular order. We arrived here November 1st – after an amazing stay in Scotland – where the weather was really in our favor – although getting a bit crisp. So to arrive here in Nerja, and be able to put our shorts on and flip flops on, is, well, lovely. Rory and I haven’t been to Nerja in over 15 years. It’s one of the first places we came when we visited Spain way back when – we stayed in Competa with Mum and Dad’s friends (Monika and Michael) and fell in love with Competa and with Nerja. Nerja has changed quite a bit since we were last here – bigger for sure – and yet still small enough to walk, pursue, enjoy – which we do, ever day.
- The ocean – the water is so clear although a bit crisp…. not complaining – we are swimming in the ocean in November …
- Fanta (limon and naranja)
- Paella – especially when we get to eat it on the beach
- Workout stations!
- Olives. Olives. And more olives
- Great wine + so cheap!!!
- Seafood – calamari, fish, muscles, and more
- The amazing gelato (Nutella and Ferrero are amazing!)
- Nocilla (like Nutella)
- Feeding the stray cats ~ #Rohan the Animal Whisperer
- All the fresh pastries, baguette’s, chocolate croissants, pizza bread, pretzel rolls …. slap some mantequilla (butter) on that and O.M.G.
- Cafe con leche (coffee with milk)
- Outdoor eating all year round
Most importantly, the people here are so lovely, so amazing. Spain, you are a forever love for us. As much as we love traveling and seeing other countries and new places, we keep coming back to you.